Monday, August 27, 2007

Exciting and Unexpected Weekend!!

So this weekend I had the (very last second) opportunity, thanks to my Grandma, to go to Washington. The original reason was to see my little sister's play. We bought the tickets Thursday afternoon to leave Friday afternoon. I was also going to try to get a chance to visit with Mark's sister and family. At nine months pregnant and me without my own mode of transportation, we weren't sure if it would happen that we could both travel but we were going to try. She called Friday to say that she was being induced and would not make it to meet me. My mother-in-law, LaDeane, knowing that we had a flight that afternoon tried to get on the same flight with us.

It wasn't completely successful, a crazy travel story for another time, but in the end she did end up traveling with us. Her coming made it possible for me to borrow transportation and visit the expectant family as well. It was such a neat experience. I feel so blessed to have been able to be there, although a little guilty because I know that many others, including my husband, wished they could have too. It was fun to watch LaDeane and Joyce (sister-in-law, her daughter) interact. As we drove closer, she became more and more excited by the minute. I was impressed by Lance (expectant father) and his devotion. He was so anxious and paced every end of that hospital! We ended up staying all night and into the next day just waiting for that little boy to come and finally, after a lot of patience (on the mom's part) and prayers he came c-section. He was 9 1/2 lbs!! Such chubby cheeks! Here are some pics of him:

His first bath:

With Mom:

With Grandma:


Isn't he cute?


After the exciting visit to the hospital, I drove to see more of my family. It was so great! I had the chance to spend some time with each of my siblings ~ except, sadly, my youngest sister who was in Texas :( One of my brothers has moved to Seattle and I got to see his new apartment and hear about what is happening for him. I had more "just us" time than usual with my other brother, which was wonderful. I don't think he knows how much that time means to me. I got to, of course, see my sister's play. She was AMAZING!! I cried almost every time she came on stage (my brothers laughed at that!). I wish that I was able to be there for more of their lives. They are such a part of mine, without them knowing - most likely. I feel like I have missed so much living apart from them. They have all grown into these incredible people that I feel lucky just to associate with. They have gone through so much in thier young lives but can laugh and love and give. I am so proud of each of them and what they have become. I hope someday they will forgive me for living so far and missing so much. They deserve much more from a big sister.


2 comments:

Lance & Joyce said...

Hi Bobbi, Thanks so much for all you do! The pictures look great and we are so blessed to have had you up here to experience this amazing blessing with us! We love you and are so glad that you are my sister (in law)! Love, Joyce

Megan Nordstrom said...

Hey Bobbi, Thanks for the message. It's good to get back "in the saddle" and share again. Hope you had a great day. Love Megan