The last few weeks have been a bit trying for both Mark and I. He is getting accustomed to a REALLY full schedule as well as having a wife (and of course, a puppy :-) ) while I am getting accustomed to life as a 3rd Grade teacher instead of my beloved 6th grade, as well as a new school. It has not been easy for us. We are almost always exhausted so any time we really get together is often interrupted with a nap! But it is working out.
At first, I was miserable at my job. I kept wondering what lesson I needed to learn so badly the Lord put me here and how I could learn it quickly so I could get out. Now, usually I am a pretty positive person but somehow the shock and stress of this tipped that for a while, along with some other stressors. Thankfully, the glass is half-full again. It isn't exactly full but at least it is filling right? I think one of the major lessons I needed can be said from a quote by Grandma Shirley, "Bobbi, you are a survivor." I didn't really want to hear that at the time because I didn't want to just survive, I wanted to flourish. She was completely confident (along with many others) that I would be just fine and I wasn't ready to be. I had so wanted MY plan that I forgot God has His own plan for me. I have begun to take steps, not leaps, this time so that~hopefully~ I don't miss what He wants me to see. So far, I have seen beautiful things. Family and friends that support me in a way that I never understood. Children that though they are not the age I connect with the best, they are pure and sweet. They want to do what is right whatever the cost. A home that before was a place but now is my refuge. Goals and choices that lead to greater goals I know the Lord encourages.
I haven't exactly talked to Mark about his "steps" but I have seen them. He used to hate getting up early, granted he still may hate it but he does it every morning and has a smile on too! He is motivated, working every second. He is thriving in his classes and growing with each one. He may not agree that this is happening but I see such enlightenment and desire in him. He is constantly seeking to serve others (he did this before, but I still love him for it!). He listens and ponders more and seeks to improve daily.
I guess the way I would some this up is to say. Take time to see a grander vision than your own. Then, take steps - not leaps in the right direction and enjoy the scenery. Life is much more smooth this way.
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment