When I was single, I had a lot of pictures in my mind about "that person" the one I would end up with in the end. He was my ideal, a perfect man. I found better.
The last few days have been, well, trying would be a good word-extremely difficult. I am a teacher. I have spent the summer preparing my lessons and my classroom. To those of you who don't understand what that means and the time and energy it takes, ask a teacher. It was to be my 3rd year teaching 6th grade. I was finally to the point where I knew the curriculum and was comfortable teaching it and ready to branch out and try even more new things. I had just moved to a school closer to home (that I LOVED) and was super excited for the school year to begin. Tuesday night, that all changed.
The projected numbers for my school were down and the six most recently hired were cut - "reduction in faculty" is what it is called in this district. Now, that doesn't mean we lost our jobs, just location and in my case, my grade level. I am now at another school, it is very different from where I was but a really great school. I am also teaching 3rd grade instead of 6th grade. Again, to those of you who don't know the difference, spend some time with a 8/9 year old and an 11/12 year old. They are different worlds.
I won't go into all the details and emotions I have been through but I will tell you this: I know that God is in control and loves me. I have felt reasurred that these are the children I am to teach this year. Who knows maybe I will love it and never go back to 6th graders. That doesn't make it easy, though. I am exhausted, overwhelmed, disoriented and the tasks ahead still loom above me. School starts Tuesday. I don't know if I have ever worked so hard and with so little excitement for school to start. I am sure I will get there but there is still road to travel.
Today I am so grateful for the "perfect man" that fills my life with love, hope, comfort, and joy. My husband began to act as soon as he heard the news. He was at my beck and call. He cried with me, worked with me, and more importantly prayed with me. Today he got up early, put gas in my car, made a lunch for me, reassured me throughout the day, then came home to cut out decorations for my classroom. There has been a smile on his face when I have needed it, a shoulder to cry on, and a willing worker at any given second. When I have told him thank you he says things like "I love to help you" or "I love you, of course". That ideal that I used to dream about is nothing when compared to the one I was lucky enough to marry!
2 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment