It is nearing 10:30 and I really should be getting sleep because tomorrow the real world begins.
BUT... I am not.
I am stalling.
I am not ready to start.
I am not ready to give Graham back to daycare (although we do LOVE Trina & her family). I am not ready to not be with him all day.
I am not ready to face the pressure I have at work. I am not ready to leave the "holiday feeling" where we have relaxed, played, and enjoyed each other. I am not ready to face the fact that things have changed. I am just not ready. I just want tonight to last another few days... January through March are SO long!
However, I do love the feel of a fresh start.
I do love setting goals and feeling hopeful about the coming year.
I do love that the days are now getting longer (not shorter!!!) and that means summer is really coming. I do love trying to improve my teaching (as well as everything else!)
I just wish I could keep my little one with me all of the time.
I already miss him so much.
BUT... I am not.
I am stalling.
I am not ready to start.
I am not ready to give Graham back to daycare (although we do LOVE Trina & her family). I am not ready to not be with him all day.
I am not ready to face the pressure I have at work. I am not ready to leave the "holiday feeling" where we have relaxed, played, and enjoyed each other. I am not ready to face the fact that things have changed. I am just not ready. I just want tonight to last another few days... January through March are SO long!
However, I do love the feel of a fresh start.
I do love setting goals and feeling hopeful about the coming year.
I do love that the days are now getting longer (not shorter!!!) and that means summer is really coming. I do love trying to improve my teaching (as well as everything else!)
I just wish I could keep my little one with me all of the time.
I already miss him so much.

1 comment:
I remember those feelings all too well. You are such a cute mom!
Post a Comment