Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back from Nowhere and Everywhere

Looking at my blog I realized I have had quite the hiatus from blogging. Sorry about that. We had a busy and fun summer followed by another move and unpack at a new school for me, school starting for me, then for Mark, and now as a result of a little insanity I am beginning a two-year math endorsement. Aside from focusing on responsibilities (many of which I may add still need a lot of work!), we have had little time for much else. We did, however, take a much needed break over labor day weekend. It was a good reminder that I do need to breathe or I will, in fact, die ~ or have a nervous breakdown which very nearly occurred when my doctor told me he thought I had measles last week. (And no, I don't have measles, it was hives from new vitamins). So this is my break. While I should probably be working diligently to actually be prepared for tomorrow, I am not. I am showing you a few favorite pictures from our summer. (There could be so many more but... I do not want to stay up all night uploading!)
This summer we had some time spent with family. We both wish we could have spent more with them. They are wonderful! (And this picture with the puppy- She is dead asleep!)



We also got to catch up with some old friends. I haven't seen these girls in WAY too long. I am so glad we finally found each other again!



And of course made some memories with friends and neighbors!

Especially at girls camp! (Mark did go to scout camp but sadly has not given me any pictures!)

As you already know we also got our new puppy, who is growing like crazy! Her name is Thadea. The vote was equal, so since she was Mark's birthday present.... He got the final say.

So there you have it! Hopefully I will be better at keeping you up to date!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you blogging again! Fun pictures. Have you had a chance to look at our blog? Let me know if you can get on.

Lance & Joyce said...

Sounds like you had a fun & busy summer! I wish we could have been part of it too! :( Hopefully we will see you this winter though! Great pics! Love your hair! Miss you and love you both!

Anonymous said...

Hi, you two sweeties! How is school treating the two of you (one as teacher and one as student! :-) ? We are busy teaching and Grandpa is currently developing his 3rd (from scratch) course. He has created a new conflict management course for the doctoral level and is currently teaching the "maiden" class. He's having a ball - nothing like critiquing your own 'baby'! He's currently work on a new Qualitative Analysis Research course. The first class he finished was for the University where I teach - on Executive Coaching. We may be going to Colorado Springs to teach that maiden course. We spent two days on the Oregon / N. Calif. coast - absolutely beautiful weather right after Labor Day (and few tourists) and then spent a day hiking the Red Woods. Those magnificant trees are awe inspiring and humbling! My big boy horse "Indy" had stifle surgery last week - too early to tell if he will be 100% again. Love your puppy! And love both of you! Grandpa Gary and Grandma Lydia