I just wanted to quickly post and thank the moms, both the ones I know and don't know, that posted or talked about the great parts about being a mom. THANK YOU!
One of the most frustrating things about my pregnancy is that many people think it is quite amusing to tell me horror stories about birth and parenting and add a "just you wait" on the end. I want to call them idiots and tell them at the age of 30, I have spent a fair amount of my life caring for children. I am a teacher. I have worked in schools for more than 9 years as well as babysitting throughout my life. I am the oldest in my family to boot. I know kids are not easy. I have no deluded picture in my head of cute, sweet smelling, cooing babies that cry rarely. On the contrary, I picture the worst I have seen just getting worse. Yes, we did have some issues getting a baby here but I am not blind about this. I am petrified. I know it means no sleep, messes, stress, screaming, etc... (One could chalk all of my frustration up to my current emotional state but... ) I SO appreciate the ones that tell me the positive part of being a parent even after everything goes wrong. The why-it's-worth-it part. THANK YOU!

4 comments:
That is one of the most annoying things about pregnancy and parenting. People think they know everything and that as a first time mom, you must want their input. Turns out, we do just fine on our own! You know how I feel about being a mom. It's the greatest thing I've ever done (aside from marrying Rob) and all the frustrations are minimal compared to the joy. Just tell all those "helpful" people to stick it!
I know you are going to be a wonderful mother, I trusted my children to you on many occasions I think this little one is so lucky to have you and mark as its parents. I can't wait to see him/her and hold him/her. I just think the world of you and mark and I want to thankyou for all that you have done on helping guy and me with our children they all three love and respect the two of you.
To who ever has this "GREAT negative" advise to tell Bobbi about being a parent...please find the nearest semi-truck and jump in front of it. And dear reader please know that I am using all and I mean ALL will power to exclude red-neck swear words! Bobbi and Mark will more than likely be better parents than most! Because of their age, experience, CRAZINESS!!, extended family (and by that I mean me) and their abundance of love!
Bobbi you have been with me through my journey of motherhood and know that the good FAR out weighs the bad and the bad is only given to us to LEARN from so in all it is all GOOD so just keep that in mind! I love you so much and can't wait to watch you become a mother it is truly the most satisfying thing in the world. Love you FOREVER!!!
Parenting is more fun than I would ever have imagined. Pregnancy is a PAIN, but the actual babies are a BLAST. And labor and delivery? Love.it.
Happy for you.
Post a Comment