Our Marine! Isn't he great!
I have learned that Marines are not supposed to smile much in pictures but I did catch a few!
It was fun to have Mark get to know Josh and Mom better. It was such a great trip!
The plan for after the graduation was for me to fly home with Mom and Josh and spend the weekend with the rest of my family and for Mark to head to our home. But the plan changed just as we were heading to the airport.
Tears of sorrow, sadness, and sympathy... I got one of those calls, the kind you dread. The kind that you look at your phone and realize someone has tried to reach you TOO many times. One of my best friends, one I consider a sister, Kendra, lost her son. Austin was 3 years old and I guess Heavenly Father really needed him home because he will be sorely missed.
I did fly to Seattle for the night as planned and luckily got to see the rest of my family (although it was VERY brief! I owe you guys a REAL visit. And I WILL pay up!) Thanks to a lot of help from friends and family I was able to fly out (Thank you Emily!!!) and get there to be with Kendra and her family. I can't say it was a fun visit. It was hard but it was nice to be there with them. I really don't know how I would deal with what they are going through. They are such strong people! So faithful. Please keep them in your prayers. Kendra and Cory (the rest of you too) let us know if there is anything we can do for you.
Kendra and Danielle (her sister)
Kids can always make you laugh, no matter the event. Taylor and Kendra enjoying each other.
Taylor took a great shot of his parents! Kendra and Cory.
This trip allowed me to be witness to an incredible family pulling together when times are tough. This picture shows that love and support.
Taylor was really enjoying this shot wasn't he!
Returning home was emotional as well. Mark and I had never been apart that long (relief tears??) I also missed an unplanned week of school so the last week has been playing catch up. I was also informed how horrible I was to leave at such a time. (More tears, anger and frustration and probably exhaustion.) Then of course some were very loving and supportive which made an already emotionally drained blubberer cry some more. (Seriously, do I have any left?!)
I did catch up though and moved my classroom, which was the biggest job. I am definitely being cared for by Someone. No tears yet, although when Friday hits and it is the end of the school year, there may be some joyful tears to be free and bittersweet ones to see this season of my life change.

2 comments:
Well I found you...super fun blog! Now you can check mine out. I saw the name Brooke under your other blog links and thought it was me, my husband's name is Sean too!
I thought that I lost you because you removed your comment but I didn't. It is so good to hear from you. You look so good. I didn't know that you got married. How long ago? Fill me in on what you have been doing. Time has gone by so fast. Remember when we ran into one another in SLC temple. Fun. Well my email is heidi_eatschuno@yahoo.com. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment