Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Cramming it all in

I can't believe how long ago my last post was! Time flies, seriously. We have had an eventful few weeks since our last little update.

On September 26 we celebrated our 1st anniversary. It's hard to believe that a year has passed! However, I wouldn't want any days without Mark! We both took the weekend off to celebrate. It was all a surprise for me! We had a blast, although the snow was a bit of a bummer stopping us from a visit to Lagoon but we still had fun!

We then suffered through a hectic week of parent teacher conferences for me and quizzes for Mark. It was long and exhausting but to be completely honest I really do enjoy talking with my students' parents and bragging about them. Teaching really is the best profession!

We had the opportunity to watch General Conference and even go in person. That was SO great, despite the pooring rain in heels! We had never been to see Conference together. I really loved the talk by Elder Eyring about recording those little miracles we experience. I have been trying to do that in my journal, I am just not as good as he is doing it every day.

It was Fall Break for me the 11th-14th and for Mark's school (not work, but he took it off) We headed to St, George to visit Matt & Marcee and Family. It was a fabulous weekend! Mark, Dylan, and Matt went golfing. Marcee and I got pedicures and some shopping time. We paid homage to a favorite drink place The Orange Peel, I actually spent time at the gym, and I ran into a friend from school everywhere we went. A couple of old roommates came down Saturday night so we went on a little bachelorette outing for Jen who is getting married the 26th of October. It was wonderful to just spend time with family and relax a little. Everyone really enjoyed the photo booth on my computer so I thought I'd share:


Last week my friend and mentor, Colette,
from Welby lost her dad suddenly and I attended the viewing. When I arrived I saw a large group from Welby. Then Melissa came and, of course, I saw Colette. I think about those two on a daily basis. I try to imagine what Melissa would say to or about my current school circumstances. It makes me laugh all the time. I am glad to they were all there but the combination of attending a viewing and seeing them resulted in tears most of the drive home. I forgot what it was like to be at home with those you work with. I miss them all so much. Liz, from the Welby office, told me to come visit and they will take care of me. I left them and they still love me!!

This last weekend I celebrated my 29th birthday. I know I am old now, almost 30! It doesn't feel like it though. I have to say it is a lot of fun to have a wonderful husband to spoil you. A bunch of family and friends too! It was perfect. It makes me look forward to next year... can you believe that?

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am so glad you updated. I was starting to wonder what was going on with you guys! We need to do lunch soon.

Curtis and Shandy said...

Hi its shandy!